Every year, new networks come and go, and social marketing strategies evolve. Every generation of consumers brings new ways of interacting with these social platforms. In this post, we will be revealing the most essential social media statistics you need to know for 2022. These stats will show you how the state of the social landscape has changed this year and reveal interesting insights about how both brands and users behave across different platforms. Let’s get started.
100+ Social Media Statistics
Social media’s meteoric rise in recent years has made it abundantly clear that brands must include these cutting-edge communication platforms among their primary marketing channels. A look back at how social media has evolved over the past few years as we look forward to 2022 is a good starting point. These statistics about social media should be kept in mind when developing your social media strategy for the year ahead.
- At this point, more than half of the global population is actively engaged in social media.
- Almost 62% of the world’s population is now online, thanks to the internet, which is currently used by 4.88 billion people worldwide.
- Since last year, there have been more than 400 million new social media users, bringing the total number of people using social media to 4.55 billion. 9.9% more than in the previous year.
- More than two-thirds of the world’s population has access to a mobile device, resulting in 5.29 billion unique mobile users.
- TikTok will reach 1 billion monthly active users at the end of September 2021, according to the company’s announcement. Consequently, the social media platform has risen to seventh place on the list of those with one billion users.
- 2 hours and 27 minutes is the average amount of time spent on social media platforms each day.
- Approximately six out of every ten people on the planet have a social network account.
- According to a survey, 85% of marketers believe that short videos are the most effective form of content to be shared on social media.
- Nearly half of all internet users conduct product research on social media, according to a new survey.
Most Popular Social Networks
List of top 17 social networks in 2022, ranked by MAU (monthly active users):
- Facebook – 2895 million
- YouTube – 2291 million
- WhatsApp – 2000 million
- Instagram – 1393 million
- Facebook Messenger – 1300 million
- WeChat (Weixin) – 1251 million
- TikTok – 1000 million
- Douyin – 600 million
- QQ – 591 million
- Sina Weibo – 566 million
- Telegram – 550 million
- Snapchat – 538 million
- Kuaishou – 506 million
- Pinterest – 454 million
- Twitter – 363 million
- Reddit – 430 million
- Quora – 300 million
Facebook Statistics 2022
Over 2.8 billion people use Facebook every month, making it the world’s most popular social media network. According to the following statistics, Facebook’s current dominance in the world of social media can be seen in the fact that nearly everyone is currently using it.
- As of the third quarter of 2021, Facebook’s platform had 2.8 billion active daily users.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform in the world by a wide margin.
- Facebook is the third most popular website in the world, with 11.2 billion total visits, 1.5 billion unique visitors, and an average time spent on each visit of 21 minutes and 52 seconds.
- 98.3% of Facebook’s users access the site through their mobile devices.
- There appears to be a decline in the percentage of teenagers who are on Facebook. According to the most recent data, only 67% of teenagers are currently using the social media platform, down from 71% in 2015.
- Video ads have a higher success rate on Facebook than any other ad format.
- For 16% of Facebook users, there are duplicate or fraudulent profiles.
- Every day, Facebook Stories are viewed by 500 million people.
- More than 80% of all brand marketers prefer Facebook’s video ad platform.
- India is the country with the most Facebook users, with 320 million signing on each month. This figure is based on the number of Facebook users in India.
Facebook Statistics By Age
- Only 2.9% of people between the ages of 13 and 17 use Facebook, according to a recent study.
- One in every eighteen young adults (aged 18 to 24) uses Facebook.
- For people aged 25 to 34, Facebook is utilized by 25.7%.
- One in every eighteen people between the ages of 35 and 44 has a Facebook account.
- 13.6% of people between the ages of 45 and 54 use Facebook.
- 11% of people between the ages of 55 and 64 use Facebook.
- People 65 and older use Facebook at a rate of 10.6%.
Facebook Statistics By Gender
- More than half (55.5%) of all Facebook users are men.
- Women account for 43.5% of all Facebook users.
Facebook Statistics By Age And Gender
- Between the ages of 13 and 17, 2.5% of Facebook users are female and 3.2% of Facebook users are male.
- Facebook is used by 9.3% of women worldwide, and 13.4% of young men between the ages of 18 and 24 use it.
- There are only 12.5% of active Facebook users worldwide who are female, compared to 19% of Facebook users between the ages of 25 and 34 who are male.
- Only 7% of Facebook’s active users are female, but 10% of those between the ages of 35 and 44 are men. Facebook users.
- Around the world, 5.1% of women are active Facebook users, and 5.6% of men between the ages of 45 and 54 use Facebook.
- Women account for 3.4% of all Facebook active users aged 55 to 64, while men account for 3.2% of this demographic.
- Women account for 2.7% of all Facebook users, while men account for 2.5% of all Facebook users over 65.
Facebook’s Global User Base By Country
- More than 320 million Indians use Facebook on a regular basis.
- There are 190 million monthly Facebook users in the United States.
- Approximately 140 million Indonesians use Facebook on a monthly basis.
- There are 130 million monthly active Facebook users in Brazil.
- On a monthly basis, 93 million people in Mexico use Facebook.
- On a monthly basis, 83 million people in the Philippines log on to Facebook.
- There are currently 68 million Vietnamese people who use Facebook on a regular basis.
Facebook Usage By Device
- Only 1.7% of Facebook’s users access the platform through a desktop computer.
- 17.3% of Facebook users access the social network from both their desktop and mobile devices, according to ComScore.
- 81% of Facebook’s users access the site via a mobile device.
Instagram Statistics 2022
According to many experts, Instagram is a formidable social media marketing rival. Due to the platform’s aesthetics and user-friendliness, it is one of the most popular social media platforms for both consumers and brands.
Due to several significant updates to the platform in 2021, Instagram is poised to take off as a powerful channel for B2B brands looking to connect with their audience. The statistics you’ll find in the following paragraphs can help you refine your Instagram marketing strategy.
- The majority of Instagram’s daily active user base consumes its Stories on a daily basis.
- Marketers expect to use Instagram Reels in 58% of cases by 2022.
- 64% of Instagram users are between the ages of 13 and 34.
- 90% of Instagram users have at least one business profile they follow.
- India currently holds the top spot in terms of the number of Instagram users, with a total of more than 201 million people using the app.
- It is estimated that 80% of the Instagram stories that include and emphasize a call to action outperform those that don’t.
- Every day, more than a hundred million Instagram users begin or watch live videos on the platform.
- Most Instagram users are interested in discovering new businesses, products or services. In fact, 87% of people who viewed product information went on to take a specific action, such as making a purchase, after viewing the information.
- For influencer marketing, Instagram is the most popular platform, accounting for 73% of all usage.
- Because of this, Instagram engagement rates tend to be higher than those on Facebook even though less content is shared on Instagram each day.
- The fashion industry has the highest engagement rates and the most frequent posting frequency on Instagram.
- Instagram is the fourth-most-used social media platform, according to data compiled by Statista.
- Today, 17.6% of the world’s population uses Instagram as a social media platform.
- The total number of people reached by advertisements on Instagram has increased by 20.3% over the course of the past year. Additionally, the advertising reach of Instagram has expanded at a rate that is significantly faster than that of Facebook.
Instagram Statistics By Age
- Instagram’s Real-World Usage Statistics 8% of people between the ages of 13 and 17 use Instagram, with the majority of those in this age range.
- There is 31% of 18-24-year-olds who use Instagram.
- 31.2% of people between the ages of 25 and 34 use Instagram.
- Instagram is used by 15.9% of people between the ages of 35 and 44.
- Instagram is used by 7.9% of people in the 45-54 age bracket.
- 3.9% of people in the 55-64 age bracket use Instagram.
- According to the Pew Research Center, 2.2% of people aged 65 and older use Instagram.
Instagram Statistics By Gender
- More than half (51,6%) of Instagram’s users are men.
- Instagram’s user base is dominated by women, with 48.4% of all users being female.
Instagram Statistics By Age And Gender
- Instagram is used by 3.7% of females and 4.3% of males aged 13 to 17 around the world, according to data from Instagram.
- Women account for only 13.1% of active Instagram users worldwide, while men account for 17.1% of Instagram users aged 18 to 24.
- Women account for 14.8% of active Instagram users worldwide, while men aged 25 to 34 account for 16.4% of all Instagram users.
- Women account for 8.3% of active Instagram users worldwide, while men aged 35 to 44 make up 7.6% of all active Instagram users.
- 4.5% of women worldwide use Instagram, and 3.4% of men between the ages of 45 and 54 do, too.
- In the 55 to 64-year-old age group, 1.6% of men and 2.3% of all active Instagram users worldwide are female.
- Instagram is used by 1.3% of women and 0.9% of men 65 and older worldwide, respectively.
Instagram Users By Country
- There are 201 million Instagram users in India.
- In the United States, there are currently 157 million active Instagram users.
- Instagram has 115 million Brazilian active users.
- In Indonesia, there are 94 million Instagram users who are actively using the app.
- Over 60 million Russians are regularly posting photos and videos to their feeds via Instagram.
- Instagram is used by 49 million people in Turkey.
- 49 million people in Japan use Instagram on a daily basis.
- In Mexico, there are 36 million active Instagram users.
- A total of 28 million people in the United Kingdom are active Instagram users.
- It is estimated that there are 28 million active Instagram users in Germany.
Twitter Statistics 2022
In addition to Facebook and Instagram, Twitter is considered one of the most popular examples of social media platforms. Currently, Twitter is a place where new trends are born, as well as a place where people openly converse and express their innermost thoughts and emotions. Some of Twitter’s more fascinating stats are available here.
- Total daily active Twitter users peaked at 211 million in the third quarter of 2021.
- According to HubSpot, 79% of marketers plan to continue using Twitter Spaces in 2022.
- Twitter is the 15th most popular social media platform in terms of ‘activity,’ according to Statista.
- As of today, Twitter is used by approximately 5.5% of the world’s population.
- 7.1% of the world’s population aged 13 and older uses Twitter today.
- 42% of Twitter’s users have a college degree or higher.
- 83% of the world’s most powerful people use Twitter today.
- More than a quarter of Twitter users in the United States log in to their accounts multiple times a day.
- Only 42% of the people who have ever signed up for Twitter use the service on a daily basis.
Twitter Statistics By Age
- 6.6% of teens and young adults (ages 13 to 17) use Twitter.
- 17.1% of 18-24-year-olds use Twitter, according to this writing.
- 38.5% of people between the ages of 25 and 34 use Twitter.
- 20.7% of people between the ages of 35 and 49 use Twitter.
- 17.1% of people over the age of 50 use Twitter.
Twitter Statistics By Gender
- Among men, 70.4% of the population uses Twitter.
- Women outnumber men on Twitter by 29.6%.
Twitter Statistics By Age And Gender
- Males aged 13 to 17 account for 33% of all Twitter users, while females account for only 18%.
- Female Twitter users make up only 9.2% of all active users, compared to 18.7% of users aged 18 to 24 who are male.
- Males aged 25 to 34 make up 16.7% of all active Twitter users around the world, while females make up only 7.7%.
- While women make up 5.6% of all active Twitter users, men aged 35 to 49 make up 17.4% of all active Twitter users worldwide.
- Women make up only 5.6% of Twitter’s active users, while men over 50 make up 14.1%.
Twitter Users By Country
- In the United States, there are approximately 77.8 million active Twitter users.
- In Japan, there are an estimated 58.2 million active Twitter users.
- An estimated 24.5 million Indians are active Twitter users.
- In Brazil, there are approximately 19.1 million active Twitter users.
- In the United Kingdom, there are an estimated 19.1 million active Twitter users.
- In Indonesia, there are an estimated 17.6 million active Twitter users.
- In Turkey, there are an estimated 16.3 million active Twitter users.
- Saudi Arabia is estimated to have 14.2 million active Twitter users.
- It is estimated that 14.0 million people in Mexico use Twitter on a regular basis.
- In Thailand, there are an estimated 11.3 million active Twitter users.
Twitter Hashtag Statistics
- One hundred times more engagement is gained by tweets that include hashtags, according to a study. Hashtags can boost a user’s engagement by 100% and a brand’s engagement by 50% when used in conjunction with tweets.
- The ideal number of hashtags to include in a tweet is one to two, according to the experts. If you follow this strategy to the letter, you will see a 21% increase in audience engagement.
- Using more than two hashtags in a tweet may result in a 17% decrease in engagement.
- Twitter users are more likely to retweet a tweet with just a few hashtags, increasing the likelihood of that by 55%.
- According to Twitter’s research, ads without hashtags receive 23% more engagement than ads that do include hashtags.
- Tweets contain an estimated 125 million hashtags per day, according to this estimate.
YouTube Statistics 2022
As of 2021, YouTube has become an essential part of our daily lives. Google paid $1.65 billion for YouTube in 2006, which shows that the company is more than just a repository of internet trivia; rather, it is a business-focused organization. Because of this, YouTube stats have soared to an all-time high. As a result, I’ve prepared the following for your consideration:
- The second-largest search engine in the world is YouTube.
- 44% of marketers plan to use YouTube for the first time in 2022, according to HubSpot’s data on the topic.
- YouTube accounts for more than a quarter of all mobile traffic worldwide.
- Due to mobile devices alone, YouTube has a larger audience of young adults aged 18 to 24 than any other television network.
- On YouTube, more than a billion hours of video content are viewed each day.
- Uploaded to YouTube in 2021, most videos were longer than 10 minutes.
- Mobile devices account for the vast majority of YouTube viewing time.
YouTube Statistics By Age
- 77% of YouTube’s users in the United States are between the ages of 15 and 25.
- 70% of American YouTube users are in the age bracket of 45 to 64.
- 21.2% of YouTube’s global audience is made up of people between the ages of 25 and 34.
- It is estimated that 17% of YouTube’s total audience is between the ages of 35 and 44 years old.
YouTube Statistics By Gender
- YouTube’s global user base has 45.8% females as its majority.
- YouTube’s global user base is dominated by men (54.2% of all users).
YouTube Statistics By Age And Gender
- 8.3% of all active YouTube users are between the ages of 18 and 24, comprising 8.7% of the global total. Only 6.3% of all active YouTube users worldwide are female.
- Women account for 9.1% of all active YouTube users, while men aged 25 to 34 account for 12.1% of all active YouTube users.
- YouTube users between the ages of 35 and 44 account for a whopping 9.2% of all active users.
- YouTube is used by 5.9% of women and 6.3% of men between the ages of 45 and 54 all over the world each day.
- 4.3% of women and 4.2% of men between the ages of 55 and 64 use YouTube on a regular basis around the world.
- Women make up just 4% of YouTube’s active users, compared to 37% of the site’s male users 65 and older.
YouTube Users By Country
- There are an estimated 448 million people in India who use YouTube every month.
- YouTube is used on a monthly basis by 240 million people in the United States.
- The country of Brazil is home to 127 million monthly YouTube users.
- On a monthly basis, 107 million Indonesians are on YouTube.
- YouTube has 99 million active users in Russia, who log on to the site every month.
- There are 93.8 million monthly active YouTube users in Japan alone.
- There are 74.1 million monthly active YouTube users in Mexico.
LinkedIn Statistics 2022
This unique angle on the use of social media is one of the reasons why LinkedIn has become such an important tool for job seekers, recruiters, businesses, and professionals in today’s world of social media and networking. Even if you’ve been using LinkedIn since the beginning of the social media storm, you’ll be surprised by the platform’s breadth and depth. In order to better understand LinkedIn’s potential as a professional social network, the following information is provided.
- In October of 2021, marketers were able to reach nearly 790.4 million users with LinkedIn advertisements. A gain of +2.9% in the last three months translates to an increase of approximately 22 million people.
- More than 200 countries and regions with a combined population of more than 800 million people use LinkedIn.
- 60% of LinkedIn users are in their twenties or thirties, according to the site.
- For businesses that serve other businesses, LinkedIn is the best social media platform, both paid and organic.
- 82% of B2B marketers say LinkedIn is their most successful platform.
- Nearly 46% of all social media traffic to a company’s website is generated by LinkedIn.
- There are currently around 10% of the world’s population has a LinkedIn profile.
- According to LinkedIn’s most recent stats, 14.3% of the world’s adults aged 18 and over are connected in some way.
- LinkedIn’s advertising audience reach has grown by 8.8% over the last year and a half.
- 45 million people search for work-related opportunities on LinkedIn every week.
- Every minute, four new employees are found through the use of LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn receives over 200 million job applications each month, with an average of 77 job applications being submitted every second.
LinkedIn Statistics By Age
- 13.6% of people between the ages of 18 and 24 use LinkedIn.
- A whopping 59.7% of people in the 25-34 age bracket use LinkedIn.
- In the 35-54 age bracket, 21.7% of users log on to LinkedIn each month.
- 5.1% of LinkedIn users are over the age of 55.
LinkedIn Statistics By Gender
- LinkedIn has 56.6%, male users.
- LinkedIn currently has 43.4% of female users.
LinkedIn Statistics By Age And Gender
- Young men aged 18 to 24 make up 11.2% of all active LinkedIn users worldwide, compared to 9.1% of women.
- On LinkedIn, women account for 25.6% of active users around the world; men in the 25-34 age range account for 33.6% of active users.
- Women make up 7.2% of LinkedIn users worldwide, and men between the ages of 35 and 54 make up 10.4% of this group.
- While only 1% of all LinkedIn users are female, 16% of all LinkedIn users are 55 years old or older.
LinkedIn Users By Country
- In the United States alone, there are 180 million LinkedIn users.
- LinkedIn boasts an Indian user base of 81 million members.
- A total of 54 million LinkedIn members reside in China.
- LinkedIn has more than 51 million Brazilians registered.
- In the United Kingdom, 32 million people are members of LinkedIn.
- There are 23 million LinkedIn users in France.
- LinkedIn has 19 million members in Canada.
- There are 19 million LinkedIn users in Indonesia.
- LinkedIn has over 17 million members in Mexico.
- LinkedIn has more than 16 million Italian members.
Pinterest Statistics 2022
Your ideal customer can be reached through Pinterest, which shows how the power of visual media can help you gain their business. A closer look at Pinterest’s stats will persuade you to reconsider this social media platform’s ability to connect with people based on their aesthetic preferences. Look at that.
- Pinterest is the fourteenth-most-used social media platform, according to data compiled by Statista.
- It is estimated that the number of people who use Pinterest monthly has decreased by approximately 10 million in the most recent three months, which is 2.2%.
- 5.6% of the world’s population is currently on Pinterest.
- Pinterest is used by women 70% more than men.
- Users between the ages of 25 and 34 make up the bulk of Pinterest’s audience.
Pinterest Statistics By Age
- In the 18-24 age group, 19.7% of people use Pinterest.
- 38% of people between the ages of 25 and 34 say they make use of the social media platform Pinterest.
- 17.8% of Pinterest’s users are between the ages of 35 and 44.
- A whopping 9.3% of people in the 45-54 age bracket use Pinterest.
- There are 10.3% of people in the 55-64 age range who have logged on to Pinterest.
- As of 2013, Pinterest was used by 4.2% of people 65 and older.
Pinterest Statistics By Gender
- 77.1% of Pinterest’s users are female, according to the company.
- Male users account for 14.8% of Pinterest’s total population.
Pinterest Statistics By Age And Gender
- Males between the ages of 18 and 24 account for only 16.2% of all active Pinterest users worldwide, but they account for 2.6% of all active Pinterest users worldwide.
- Pinterest users between the ages of 25 and 34 account for 5.9% of all active Pinterest users worldwide.
- Only 2.6% of all active Pinterest users are men between the ages of 35 and 44, with women making up 13.6% of the global user base.
- Only 1.7% of men between the ages of 45 and 54 use Pinterest, whereas 7% of all active Pinterest users worldwide are female.
- Women make up 7.7% of active Pinterest users around the world, and men between the ages of 55 and 64 make up 1.6% of those users.
- In the world’s active Pinterest users, women outnumber men by 3.1%, and only 0.8% of men are 65 and older.
Pinterest Users By Country
- There are approximately 90,5 million active Pinterest users in the United States.
- In Brazil, there are about 30.7 million people who use Pinterest on a regular basis.
- More than 16.7 million people in Mexico use Pinterest.
- As of this writing, Germany has a total of 14.4 million active Pinterest users.
- Approximately 10.4 million people in France are currently using Pinterest.
- In Canada, there are currently 9.7 million Pinterest users.
- Pinterest is currently being used by around 9.0 million people in the UK.
- Pinterest has 8.7 million active users in Italy.
- In Spain, there are currently 6.9 million Pinterest users.
- In Australia, there are currently 4.6 million Pinterest users.
TikTok Statistics 2022
- Due to its rapid rise in popularity over the past few years, TikTok is without a doubt one of the most popular and widely used social networking applications. Since its inception, people have been enthralled by its original and entertaining content. New Year’s resolution: Use these TikTok stats to learn more about the app. These figures explain why TikTok has become so popular in the last few years.
- Just before the month of September 2021 came to a close, TikTok announced that it had reached 1 billion active monthly users.
- As far as social media platforms go, Tiktok ranks seventh on the list of the most popular.
- Despite the fact that TikTok is still illegal in India, where there are more than 650 million internet users, it has reached this significant milestone (which is roughly 15% of the global internet population).
- TikTok reached 1 billion monthly active users in a fraction of the time it took Facebook.
- An estimated 45% of its users are between the ages of 18 and 24 worldwide, making TikTok one of the most popular social media platforms.
- This shows that TikTok’s audience is dominated by women between the ages of 18 and 24 rather than any other gender.
TikTok Statistics By Gender
- TikTok is used by more women than men (56.1% to be exact).
- A large percentage of TikTok’s users are males (43.9% ).
TikTok Statistics By Age And Gender
- Males between the ages of 18 and 24 make up 18.1% of all active TikTok users around the world, while females make up 24.7%.
- 13.6% of TikTok’s worldwide active users are men ages 25 to 34, and 17% of those users are female.
- There are 6.8% of women and 5.9% of men between the ages of 35 and 44 who use TikTok globally as active members.
- Between 45 and 54, TikTok has 3.2% more female users than male users, and 2.8% of those men are between 45 and 54.
- Female TikTok users account for just 1.7% of all active users, while males 55 and older make up 1.4% of all TikTok users.
TikTok Users By Country
- In the United States, there are approximately 120,8 million active TikTok users.
- In Indonesia, TikTok has around 87.5 million active users.
- In Brazil, there are an estimated 72.3 million active TikTok users.
- In Russia, TikTok has an active user base of 48.8 million people.
- TikTok has an active user base of approximately 41.6 million people in Mexico.
- Almost 39.7 million people in Vietnam are currently using the video-sharing app TikTok.
- In Thailand, TikTok has a user base of approximately 35.6 million people.
- In the Philippines, TikTok has approximately 33 million monthly active users.
- In Turkey, there are an estimated 24.6 million active TikTok users.
- In the United Kingdom, there are approximately 20.1 million active TikTok users.
Social Media Advertising Statistics 2022
In order to plan their advertising spending for next year, astute marketers keep a close eye on the newest trends. With the help of advertising data, you’ll know what to do next. Analyzing the statistics of social advertising will also point you in the direction of reaching out to new and more exclusive targeted audiences at the lowest possible cost. Here’s a quick look back at some of the year’s most noteworthy developments.
- Digital ad spending is expected to rise by 12.7% in 2021, with some markets seeing a growth of up to 49% during that year.
- Spending on social programs is expected to rise by 10.1% in 2022, on top of the 13.1% increase in the fiscal year 2021.
- By 2022, global advertising spending is projected to grow by 8.2%.
- By then, the global advertising market will be worth over $700.00 billion dollars.
- Advertising on Facebook and YouTube is extremely popular due to the large sums of money generated by their respective user bases.
Social Media Engagement Statistics 2022
A brand’s social media strategy can be evaluated and its return on investment (ROI) can be calculated by analyzing the level of engagement it receives. When your customers engage with you on social media, they’re not just acknowledging their presence. Here are some social engagement statistics for 2022 so you can fine-tune your 2022 social strategy:
- The use of vertical videos and descriptions of at least 300 characters could boost Facebook engagement rates from 0.18 to 0.39 per centimeter.
- The ideal video length for Facebook engagement is between two and five minutes long.
- Facebook videos that are broadcast live for more than an hour see a 0.29% to 0.86% increase in engagement.
- After Facebook, Instagram is the second most popular platform, with an 84% engagement rate.
- When at least one hashtag is included in an Instagram post, engagement increases by 12.6%.
- 40% of Pinterest’s engagement is attributed to related pins.
- An additional 55% of people engage with tweets that include a GIF.
- Brands that post on LinkedIn weekly see a 2x increase in engagement.
Social Media Statistics 2022 For Businesses
Today, the commercial use of social media has reached a level of prominence that has never been seen before. Having a social media presence is more important than ever before for businesses due to the enormous global user base of social media platforms.
However, social media platforms’ algorithms rarely stay the same for long periods of time. As a result, business owners need to experiment with new social media strategies based on app updates and the changing habits of their customers in order to keep up with the times. As social media usage continues to rise, here are some of the ways that brands have reaped the benefits:
- Positive user sentiment has accumulated on Instagram, making it the most popular social media platform.
- Instagram accounts for 67% of all brand content interactions in the United States.
- 63% of customers expect companies to offer customer service via social media.
- People who use social media are 90% more likely than those who don’t to have already connected with a business or brand. There is a citation needed for this.
- 95% of people between the ages of 18 and 34 have a social media account where they follow a brand. Additionally, this age group is the most likely to do so.
- There is a 71% chance that a customer who had a positive experience with a product or service will recommend it on social media.
- At least one post a day is made by 52% of small and medium-sized businesses that use social media for marketing purposes.
- On Facebook, brand engagement is more than ten times higher than on other social media platforms.
- More than 200 million people visit at least one business profile on social media every day.
- More than 130 million social media users interact with posts about shopping every month.
- More than 11% of Instagram’s users purchase goods and services directly from the app.
- Most people have tweeted about a company or brand at least once in the past 80% of the time.
Social Media Statistics 2022 Summary
- As of this writing, there are more than 4.55 billion active social media users.
- 2 hours and 27 minutes is the average amount of time spent on social media platforms each day.
- A total of 2.89 billion people use Facebook every month (monthly active users).
- Instagram has a total of 1393 million monthly active users (MAU).
- The monthly active user base of Twitter stands at 363 million.
- This social media platform has 454 million monthly visitors (MAU).
- Monthly active YouTube users number 2291 million (MAU).
In this blog post, I’ve revealed 100+ stats that reveal what has changed in six key areas of social media marketing this year, including social media usage statistics, social commerce trends, and emerging communication channels. Hopefully, you can make use of these stats to get a clearer grasp on how to best manage your social marketing initiatives over the next few years.
I’m Fernando Cuscuela and I’m a professional Social Media Expert. I’m doing this job for around 9 years, I’ve worked for many businesses like businessleader, BGS-BELGIUM, After this long year of experience I have learned a lot about the advantages and disadvantages of social media networks and how to use them properly to grow a new business.
I have created this blog and a few social pages to share my experience so that you can grow your business more with the help of social media.