Finding the best waffle mix can be difficult. That’s why we’ve researched several of the top waffle mixes on the market, to create an honest and detailed guide that will help you make the right buying decision. We’ve covered some of the most popular brands in an in-depth manner, pointing out various pros and cons of each product, examining their manufacturing companies, and determining which products are best for certain types of people. We created this guide as a way for you to make a well-informed decision when shopping for waffle mix.
Compare Between Best
Top 10 Best Waffle Mix Reviews
1. Organic Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 16oz pouch. Feeds a crowd! Makes 26 four-inch pancakes or waffles.
- We conducted double-blind taste tests on every organic flour in America, and handpicked the remaining ingredients to ensure only the highest quality. The result? The fluffiest, tastiest pancakes imaginable.
- Preparation is a breeze: simply scoop the desired amount of mix into a bowl, add water, mix, and make! That's right, JUST ADD WATER no eggs or milk necessary!
- USDA Organic and certified Non-GMO
- Family owned and crafted with love
The original idea for Birch Benders started in 2011, when Matt and his wife were living in Colorado Springs, CO. Together, they set out to create a pancake and waffle mix that was both delicious and chemical-free. They wanted to create a product that didn’t require any long lists of ingredients or multiple steps when making pancakes and waffles from scratch.
Their commitment to using natural ingredients has proved to be successful – Birch Benders products are now available nationwide at Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Costco and other major retailers as well as online at Amazon.
2. Betty Crocker Bisquick Baking Mix
- BAKING MIX: Make a delicious meal with this gluten free pancake mix that makes fluffy, mouth-watering pancakes and more
- GLUTEN FREE: Gluten free baking mix with all the same great taste; made in a gluten free processing facility
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Wholesome pancake mix contains no artificial flavors and no preservatives
- ENDLESS OPTIONS: Use as baking mix or pancake mix to create a variety of gluten free foods the whole family will love; perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert
- BOX CONTAINS: 3 boxes of 16 oz gluten free baking mix; An everyday pantry staple
Bisquick is the pancake mix that can do so much more than pancakes. It’s the one-stop baking solution that sorts out dinner saves time with no fuss and lets you make anything your family loves from homemade biscuits to restaurant-style chicken fingers and beyond.
Discover for yourself how easy it is to create delicious meals using Bisquick, with recipes for tempting Strawberry Shortcake, crispy Cheesy Potato Waffles and more. With bisquick in your pantry, you can spend less time on prep and more time enjoying yourself.
3. Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- One (1) box per order. Net weight 5 pounds per box.
- Just add water. Zero grams trans fat.
- Recipes included on side panel. High altitude instructions.
- Quick & easy to prepare. Restaurant quality.
- Due to packaging/label changes item may look different than the photograph.
Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix is a restaurant-quality foodservice product. The mix requires just water and minimal ingredients to make a fresh homemade-looking waffle every time. Restaurant operators know the importance of having delicious, hot selections ready with minimal effort and in a hurry.
Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix has zero grams of trans fat with recipes printed on the side panel. This product contains flour made from wheat with naturally occurring gluten, eggs, milk and soy.
4. Carbon’s Golden Malted Pancake & Waffle Flour Mix
- New Packaging - Comes in a 32-ounce Resealable Package!
- Original mixture produces golden-brown waffles and pancakes with malt flavor
- Just add egg, milk or buttermilk (water for waffles), and melted butter
- Great Mornings Start with America's #1 Waffle & Pancake Mix!
- Simply the Finest Pancake and Waffle Mix!
Carbon’s Golden Malted Pancake & Waffle Flour is the number one selling waffle and pancake mix in the United States. The 32-ounce bag of Golden Malted Pancake and Waffle Flour contains premium malt, flour, cornmeal and wheat of the highest quality. This recipe was developed in 1937 by Fred S.
Carbon and it was granted a patent.It was called for the finest wheat, flour, cornmeal and malt which were combined with natural flavorings to produce an exceptional product that produced golden brown waffles and pancakes with a unique texture.
Belgian waffles and pancakes made with Carbon’s Golden Malted Pancake and Waffle Flour can be found on the menus of some of the world’s most upscale restaurants, hotels, and resorts all over the globe today.
5. Stonewall Kitchen Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Stonewall Kitchen Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix, 16 Ounces
- This fool-proof buttermilk mix is perfect for your breakfast or Sunday brunch
- Create your own recipes by adding fruit or trying new syrups and toppings
- Perfectly complements our collection of jams and syrups
- It all started in 1991 at a local farmers' market with a few dozen items that we'd finished hand-labeling only hours before. Fast-forward to today and Stonewall Kitchen is now home to an ever-growing family of like-minded lifestyle brands! Expertly made with premium ingredients, our products are the result of decades spent dreaming up, testing and producing only the very best in specialty foods and fine home living.
Stonewall Kitchen Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix is a must-have for breakfast. This mix makes fabulous pancakes and waffles, which can be topped with your favorite add-ins and drizzled in syrup.
Make up your own recipes by including different kinds of fruit or experimenting with different kinds of syrups and toppings, like chopped chocolate. This versatile mix can be used to make both light and fluffy pancakes and crispy waffles every time.
6. 365 by Whole Foods Market, Mix Pancake Waffle Buttermilk Organic
- 365 by Whole Foods Market products give you that dance-down-the-aisles feeling, virtual aisles too! Our huge range of choices with premium ingredients at prices you can get down with makes grocery shopping so much more than tossing the basics in your cart.
Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value products are made with all-natural and organic ingredients that are of the highest quality. Our high standards are what set us apart from the competition, and the quality of our products is what enables us to continue providing customers with the finest all-natural and organic 365 Everyday Value products on a daily basis.
The foundations of our system are not strong enough. Only high-quality, unadulterated ingredients are used in our goods. There are no hydrogenated oils or FD&C colors.
Body Care You Can Bank On
Over a hundred common chemicals in body care products have been eliminated. Say goodbye to benzalkonium chloride.
There’s an Organic for That
At costs that won’t dent your favorite pair of pants, organic and GMO-free products may be purchased here. Instead, they’ll take on the appearance of boogie-on-the-aisle-six pants.
Awesomeness on Every Aisle
Products that meet the unrivaled quality standards of Whole Foods Market can be found there, including whole grains, fair trade coffee, organic milk, frozen vegetables, and more.
7. Krusteaz Light & Crispy Belgian Waffle Mix
- DELICIOUSLY LIGHT: Take your taste buds on a trip abroad with Krusteaz Belgian Waffles. Enjoy the crispy outside and the warm sweet inside of a perfect, golden brown Belgian waffle.
- EASY TO MAKE: Add eggs, oil, and water to your mix. Whisk away, drop batter onto your waffle iron, then wait until your waffle is a glowing golden brown.
- MAKE IT YOUR OWN: Waffles are the perfect food for true makers. Whip up an amazing brunch with Belgian waffles, whipped cream and berries. Or use our waffles as a taco shell or bread for a savory sandwich. Make waffle art by building log cabins or sculptures. The only limit is your imagination.
- INGREDIENTS WE’RE PROUD OF: Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix is made with no artificial colors and no artificial preservatives.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Every order of this waffle mix includes four, 28-ounce boxes with a shelf life from production of 548 days. This 4-box pack is great for keeping Krusteaz mix on hand whenever you crave it!
The Krusteaz Belgian waffle mix is a classic and timeless breakfast item that is sure to make your morning everyone’s favorite meal of the day. This waffle mix contains no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives and it comes with a recipe on the side of the box to make four delicious light & crispy Belgian waffles.
Made with real eggs and canola oil for a healthier option this mix has all you need to prepare delicious treats for your family and friends! In this box, you get four 28-ounce boxes, so there will be plenty of room on your table for many light & crispy treats before you know it.
8. Maple Grove Farms Belgian Waffle Mix
Maple Grove Farms Belgian Waffle Mix is just what you need to create delicious breakfast waffles at home. It’s an essential ingredient in creating absolutely mouthwatering recipes, and it makes preparing this classic meal a breeze.
This pancake and waffle mix contains premium quality ingredients, such as whole wheat flour, canola oil, brown sugar, powdered sugar and natural flavorings so that your dishes are always delicious. The package comes with one 24-ounce canister of waffle mix.
9. Waffle House Breakfast Waffle Mix
- Waffle house original sweet cream waffle mix.
- About 6 servings per container.
- Make our fluffy & delicious Waffles from the comfort of your own home!
- Tasty and delilcious homemade waffles for breakfast.
- Size: 13 oz.
This is the perfect product to prepare delicious, homemade homestyle waffles right in your own kitchen. This product includes the signature sweet cream waffle mix which is used at Waffle House restaurants to produce their scrumptious and mouthwatering waffles.
It even comes with a recipe guide that’s easy to follow. Approximately six servings in each jar. Breakfast will consist of scrumptious and mouthwatering waffles prepared from scratch.
10. Bob’s Red Mill Buckwheat Pancake & Waffle Mix
- One, 24 oz. Bag (1.5 lbs.)
- Vegan; Vegetarian; High in fiber; Kosher Pareve
- Made with organic flour
- Good source of iron and calcium
- Also great for waffles
Bob’s Red Mill Buckwheat Pancake & Waffle Mix is a delicious gluten-free alternative to traditional pancakes. Buckwheat flour is high in protein, vitamins and minerals, including magnesium and phosphorus. The leavening agent that does not contain aluminum makes it perfect for those who must avoid this potentially harmful substance.
Made with organic whole wheat and whole grain buckwheat flours, plus a very small amount of cane sugar and sea salt, this product is great in your healthy baking repertoire and can be enjoyed in the form of warm waffles or crepes on cold winter mornings.
What To Look For When Buying Waffle Mix
Ease of Prep
Waffle mixtures that may be used to make both pancakes and waffles are becoming more popular. These packets frequently feature directions such as “just add water” that are particular to the pancake recipe. Before creating the waffles, determine how many of each component is required (sometimes you only need to add oil; other times you may need two or more additional ingredients). If you don’t have to look for all of the ingredients, the time you spend looking for them will be significantly decreased.
Texture And Flavor
When you bite into a properly cooked waffle, it should feel firm rather than dense, with a golden, crisp exterior. The interior, on the other hand, should be fluffy and soft without being overcooked. In terms of flavor, you should aim for a balance of sweetness and savoriness.
Is Waffle Mix The Same Thing As Pancake Mix?
You may be wondering if waffle mix and pancake mix are the same things because they can be found in the same packet. Despite using the same fundamental components, waffles usually have more fat and sugar than pancakes (flour, leavening, dairy products, and eggs). Both of these materials are typically provided as pre-packaged combinations with instructions on how to manufacture one of the two options.
How Much Waffle Mix Is Needed For One Waffle?
The dimensions and appearance of each waffle maker may vary somewhat. To make American-style waffles, begin with half a cup of prepared batter and adjust the batter amount according to the capacity of your waffle machine. Belgian-style waffles are made with somewhat extra batter to guarantee that the deeper pockets are filled and the rounds are larger as a result. Start with a quarter cup of batter and tweak from there for the best results. Most mix packs will tell you how many cups of batter a particular recipe generates.
What Can You Add To Waffle Mix?
You’ve discovered the perfect waffle mix, but you’re still missing something that will truly elevate the meal to the next level. Adding a small amount of high-quality vanilla extract to the batter is one of the simplest methods to improve the flavor of your waffles. Try a few other extracts, such as chocolate, maple, lemon, and almond, to determine which one you prefer.
If you want to make the chocolate chip waffles served at Waffle House at home, add mini chocolate chips to the batter before baking (but make sure to use a lot of cooking spray to prevent the chips from sticking). It’s as simple as using a hard cheese like Gruyere or Parmesan to add a savory flavor to the dish. On pancakes, a cup of fresh fruit or even a layer of your favorite jam can be replaced with maple syrup. Both options are certain to work.
In the end, we hope that our research has helped you in your journey. At the very least, we hope that you’ve learned some new information about different brands of the mix. Take that newfound knowledge, put it to good use, and decide for yourself which product will work best for your needs. Good luck!
Carly D. Thomas is a web developer at a reputed company for the last 5 years. After studying at San Mateo College of Silicon Valley on web development, he started his career at age of 24. now he is spreading his knowledge among beginners around the world through Everypost.me