UV resin is a clear liquid that can be seen in the bottle. It coats a surface with a protective plastic layer, protecting against water and dirt. UV resin is cured by exposure to ultraviolet light, such as sunlight or an electric lamp. UV Resin is a transparent, colorless liquid that cures into clear plastic.
It’s mostly used to create molds for casting in resin and polyester resins. The most popular products are urethane rubber, silicone rubber, epoxy resin, and acrylic resin. UV Resin is also known as UV curable adhesive or UV hardener. When applied correctly, it can last over thirty years.
This article will discuss the best UV resin for different surfaces and what you should consider before purchasing!
Editor’s PIck-UV Resin
Best UV Resin Reviews
1. UV Resin, 2 PCS Upgrade Ultraviolet Epoxy Resin Non-Toxic
- 💦 Higher efficiency: simple operation, UV resin can be used directly without modulation; Curing time is very short, you will complete your handicrafts after irradiate under UV lamp for 2-4 minutes.
- 💦【Safe & Premium】Made of non-toxic materials, good transparency and no impurities; has strong stain resistance and anti-yellowing, self-leveling and self-degassing properties can be cured more smoothly(a little odor before curing)
- 💦【Easy to Store & Use】Comes with 2 bottles of solar cure resin(each 100g), which is more conducive to your storage; Ours is easier to squeeze and use the remaining resin at the bottom of the bottle than round bottles
- 💦【Wide Application】Can be mixed with glitter, sequins, colorants to create more brilliant colors; Suitable for jewelry making, mobile phone case, craft ornaments, small molds, casting and coating, resin painting, etc.
JDiction started with a crafter couple, Jack and Thelma. The yellowed love token, made of resin, inspired them to embark on a journey of a better craft of resin. Along the way, they realized their true love for each other. That’s how the craft brand JDiction came to be; it encompasses Jack’s addiction, not only love for the craft but also for Thelma. By Crafter, For Crafter. JDiction has always been committed to supplying the best crafts products.
JDiction Crafts Supplies was founded in 2018 and has been seeking formula innovation to develop resin craft products for premium quality. We’ve been co-working with the largest epoxy resin manufacturer in the world and mainly sourcing the purest resin from southeast Asia to achieve the best value and present ultra crystal clear effect on your art pieces.
Our products have gained a reputation among beginners, resin crafters, and artists with their professional-level quality, crystal clear results for the stunning surface of the artwork. As resin crafters, we highly value the safety and long-lasting effect of the anti-yellowing feature of our product. In every process, from material sourcing to end customer, we implement a high-quality control standard to achieve stability and reliability.
2. 200g Crystal Clear Ultraviolet Curing Epoxy Resin for DIY Jewelry Making
- CONVENIENT & EFFICIENT - Do not need to measure, mix the ratio or take long curing time like AB resin. Our UV resin is ready to use and can instantly cure hard in minutes with 36W UV light or sunlight. The spout does great help to squeeze and inject the resin.
- PREMIUM - Crystal Clear UV epoxy resin with self-leveling and self-degassing properties can cure smooth crystal clear, glassy finish. Anti-scratch, anti-stain and yellowing resistance.
- SAFE - Our hard type craft resin is imported from Japan and made from high-quality and non-toxic materials. There is an odor before curing, it is harmless and will completely disappear after curing.
- WIDELY USED - The clear UV glue can be used for jewelry making, crafts decorations, casting and coating, cast figurines and make resin paintings etc. It can also be mixed with mica powder, colorants, glitter to get colorful finishes.
- ECONOMICAL - Package includes 200g(7 oz) transparent UV resin which perfect design for all DIY handmade lovers or those who are just new to resin crafting. Click ‘Add to Cart’ and make sure to share your creative projects to us!
Made of high-quality resin and silicon, this UV Resin is used for jewelry making and crafts. The product has a crystal clear color, making it perfect for adhering to various colors, including opals and pearls. It features fast-curing attributes that allow you to build up strong bonds in a few minutes.
Crystal Clear Ultraviolet Curing Epoxy Resin for DIY Jewelry Making is a high-performance UV curing epoxy resin with self-leveling and self-degassing properties. It has a crystal clear gloss finish that is tough, flexible, and resistant to yellowing. This unique product can cure a smooth, crystal clear, glassy finish at all layers.
Highest Quality And Non-toxic
This crystal clear craft resin is imported from Japan and made from the highest quality and non-toxic materials. It has an odor before curing, but it is completely harmless and will disappear after curing.
3. 500g Clear UV Resin Hard Type New Formula One Minute Ultraviolet
- ★★★ WHAT'S NEW: Based on customers' feedbacks and several developments, we proudly introduced our new developed UV resin, which has even better transparency, lower viscosity, and most importantly, much faster curing.
- ★★★ FASTER CURING: Can be cured completely hard under a 6W UV lamp in 2 minutes (90 seconds on the top, then if possible, flip over and 30 seconds on the back), which means less time and lower wattage needed for curing. The resin can also be cured with direct sunlight. Important: After curing, please allow the cured UV resin to cool for 1-2 minutes before touching it with your hands without gloves.
- ★★★ HIGHER QUALITY: Undoubtedly excellent transparency, 100% crystal clear and non-yellowing, with hard glassy finish and uniform gloss. Less shrinking, less bubbles, lower viscosity.
- ★★★ EASIER TO USE: Ready to use, no need to measure the ratio or mix. This product comes with a bottle cap with a pointed mouth for easy pouring and control. Perfectly suitable for resin jewelry making and crafts decorations, resin pour art, paint, garment accessories and other crafting and DIY ideas.
- ★★★ SAFE FORMULA: No harsh chemicals, non-carcinogenic, safe and reliable. Note: Not an odourless version. Needs mask wearing if neccessary. If skin contact, please clean with alcohol first, then wash with running water and soap. Children should use this product under the supervision of an adult. Needs to be stored in a cool, dry place, protected from light.
Based on customers’ feedback and several developments, we proudly introduced our newly developed UV resin, which has even better transparency, lower viscosity, and, most importantly, much faster curing. With the new formula, you don’t need to wait for hours or even days. The UV resin will reach its full hardness in just a minute or so – no need to wait no matter how less time you have.
Clear UV Resin Hard Type with a new formula, new glitters, and new color types. 1 Minute UV Resin – Can be cured completely hard under a 6W UV lamp in 2 minutes (90 seconds on the top, then if possible, flip over and 30 seconds on the back), which means less time and lower wattage needed for curing. The resin can also be cured with direct sunlight. Important: After curing, please allow the cured UV resin to cool for 1-2 minutes before touching it with your hands without gloves.
Hard Glassy Finish
Clear UV Resin Hard Type, a 100% crystal clear, hard glassy finish and uniform gloss. It has excellent transparency, less shrinking, fewer bubbles, and lower viscosity than ordinary ultraviolet clear resin. Those make it easier to work with and give a better-cured surface for your jewelry making and other craft projects.
4. UV Resin Clear Hard Type 300g Transparent UV Curing Ultraviolet Cure Resin
- UPGRADE FORMULA & SAFE- SANAAA hard type craft resin is made from high-quality and non-toxic materials. NON-sticky, super clear and NON-shrinkage. NO strong odor and yellowing issue.
- CONVENIENT & EFFICIENT - Our UV resin is ready to use and can instantly cure hard in minutes with 36W UV light or sunlight. Do not need to measure, mix the ratio or take long curing time like AB resin. The nozzle does great help to squeeze and inject the resin.
- PREMIUM - Super transparent UV epoxy resin with self-leveling and self-degassing properties can cure smooth crystal clear, glassy finish. Super clear, Anti-scratch, anti-stain and yellowing resistance. There is slight odor before curing, but it is harmless and will completely disappear after curing.
- WIDELY USED - SANAAA UV Resin can be mixed with uv resin dye,glitters,or other materials used for the making of jewelry making, crafts decorations, casting and coating, cast figurines and make resin paintings etc.
- ECONOMICAL - Package 100ml *3 jewelry resin which is perfect designed for all DIY handmade lovers or those who are just new to resin crafting. Click ‘Add to Cart’ and make sure to share your creative projects with us!
Clear Hard Type craft resin is a professional UV resin that’s highly suitable for making jewelry, crafts, and other decorative products. The resin is made from high-quality materials and allows you to create clear and shiny jewelry pieces. It is non-toxic, non-sticky, super clear, and shrinkage free.
Light Or Sunlight
UV Resin is a transparent resin that cures hard in minutes with 36W UV light or sunlight. The nozzle does great help in squeezing and injecting the resin. Do not need to measure, mix the ratio or take a long curing time like AB resin.
Super Transparent Uv Epoxy
UV resin clear hard type 300g is a super transparent UV epoxy resin with self-leveling and self-degassing properties, can cure smooth crystal clear, glassy finish. Super clear, Anti-scratch, anti-stain, and yellowing resistance. There is a slight odor before curing, but it is harmless and will completely disappear after curing.
5. UV Resin for Jewelry Making
- 💎【SAFETY CERTIFICATION & NON-TOXIC】The hard type craft resin is imported from Japan and Transparent UV resin is made of 𝗕𝗣𝗔 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗥𝗢𝗛𝗦 & 𝗠𝗦𝗗𝗦 𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗗 high-quality solvent that are safe and environment friendly for using in your resin project. (There is an slight odor before curing, it is harmless and will completely disappear after curing.)
- 💎【FAST CURE CLEAR UV RESIN - SAVE YOUR TIME】Our clear UV resin is ready to use and can quick cure with UV Torch (36W / only 365 - 395nm wave length) in minutes. Please ensure that your model is clean, oil, and other foreign substances before use and you are using transparent molds. According to the thickness of the mold, both two sides(front side and back side) curing for 1 ~ 2 minute. You will get the perfect UV resin crafts.
- 💎【PREMIUM - WATERPROOF & HIGH HARDNESS】Ultraviolet UV epoxy resin cures crystal clear, high gloss, glassy and 100% waterproof finish the hardness can be as high as D80, which is anti-scratch, anti-stain, low shrinkage and yellowing resistance. And its self leveling and self degassing characteristics help your crafting much more easier.
- 💎【WIDELY USED - DO NOT MAKE LARGE PROJECT】: The Crystal clear UV glue can be used for DIY jewelry making such as pins, magnets, keychains,earrings, bracelets, ring, pendant ect. Casting and coating, cast figurines, encapsulate objects etc. It can also be mixed with mica powder, colorants, glitter to get colorful finishes. NOTE : The darker color added, the longer UV lamp curing time.
- 💎【AFTER-SALES SERVICE】RISK-FREE PURCHASE with 100% satisfaction guarantee. Drop us an email should you have ANY question regarding our UV resin kit or service and we'd be most glad to help. Beginner friendly and the experienced / veteran can enjoy it as well, CLICK ‘𝗔𝗗𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗧’and share your creative resin projects to us!
This UV resin is an incredibly versatile product that can be used in various ways. It’s hard to type craft resin is imported from Japan, and transparent UV resin is made of high-quality solvent that is safe and environmentally friendly for use in your resin project.
Transparent Jewelry Pieces
Clear UV resin is a great medium for creating stunning transparent jewelry pieces. It’s incredibly easy to use; just brush on the desired amount of resin and cure with a UV torch. No need for any special tools or family members to help you out – it only takes minutes to cure so that you can start your next project immediately.
Variety Of Craft Projects
This ultraviolet UV epoxy resin is suitable for use with a variety of craft projects. It cures crystal clear, high gloss, glassy, and 100% waterproof finish the hardness can be as high as D80, which is anti-scratch, anti-stain, and Yellowing resistance. And its self-leveling and self-degassing characteristics help your crafting much easier.
How To Choose The Best UV Resin Before Purchasing
In addition to transparency, UV resins are characterized by many other features. The following factors should be considered when buying UV resin when purchasing required UV resin.
Though UV resin cures faster than others, the curing time depends on the composition of the UV resin. So, ensure the UV resin has the right curing time and purchase it accordingly. Also, remember that resin curing times depend on the jewelry size. Comparing the small pieces of jewelry to the larger jewelry articles, the smaller pieces will require a much shorter drying time.
Normal sunlight can cure some UV resins. UV light, however, significantly speeds up the curing process. UV-generating devices, such as UV lamps or flashlights, are required for this method to work.
It means that the UV resin will curdle based on the time it takes to cure, but its effectiveness and efficiency will affect how long it takes to cure. To get a quick curing time for your jewelry, you should also consider the power of the UV generator.
Each resin works with a different mold. Depending on the UV resin, some work with silicone molds; others work with polymer clays or resin molds. You should determine which UV resin to use based on your project.
The Type of Resin
Resins come in two types, viz. We can work with hard and soft resins per your specific requirements.
- In addition to the standard hard UV resin, two different textures are available – thick and thin.
- Resins of this type can be used in molds if they are thinly textured.
- In addition to mixing pigments for color, they are also suitable for mixing pigments for crafting.
- Thin resins, such as hard resin, can also be utilized for bezel filling.
- Resin crafts can be made using Soft Resins since they are flexible and suitable for various applications.
- However, soft Resin of a thicker texture is inflexible compared to its thin counterpart.
FAQ: Best UV Resin
Which Is Better, Uv Resin Or Epoxy Resin?
Only half a year is the lifespan of UV resin. Lastly, the surface cannot withstand heat or scratching. If you are looking for a durable, long-lasting, aesthetically pleasing result that will last a long time, epoxy is your best investment.
Why Is My Uv Resin Still Tacky?
After curing for a few minutes, it will be tacky like most UV resins. Normally, UV resins take a little while to fully cure since they harden so quickly. During the curing process, it overheats. This problem can be greatly reduced by doing it in thin layers or curing it slowly.
Do I Need A Mask For Uv Resin?
Masks that are no longer needed to stop particulates should be worn. A resin that has not been cured can emit poisonous vapors. Molecular-scale particles cannot be stopped by particulate filters, however.
Does Any Uv Light Cure Resin?
In the absence of UV light, the resin will cure properly. Several non-UV resins may even degrade when exposed to strong UV light. A different mechanism is used for UV-curing resins. In one-part resins, a component breaks down when hit with UV of a particular wavelength and causes the resin to cure.
Why Is Clear Resin Yellow?
Exposure to many elements causes the epoxy resin to turn yellow. The mixture can turn yellow under UV light, high temperatures, and excessive water.
Best UV resin is not just a product for professionals. With the right know-how, you can use it to make your home decor look professional quality in no time! We’ve got some easy tips above that will help get those DIY projects looking their absolute best with minimal effort on your part. Simply follow these steps and start seeing better results from your hard work today.
Carly D. Thomas is a web developer at a reputed company for the last 5 years. After studying at San Mateo College of Silicon Valley on web development, he started his career at age of 24. now he is spreading his knowledge among beginners around the world through Everypost.me