Thermal pads have been around for a long time, but they’re still a great way to manage the heat produced by your processor. There are even options now that perform better than thermal paste. Whether you need something for your laptop or PC to get rid of the excess heat, plenty of options are available today. We have all the best ones in this article, so stick around and check them out.
Here are the best thermal pad available on the market.
Editor’s Pick-Thermal Pad
Best Thermal Pad Reviews In 2022
1. Gelid Solutions GP-Extreme 3.0mm Cutting-Edge Thermal Pad
- Ultimate Heat Conductivity | Non-Electrical Conductive | Non-Corrosive, Non-Curing & Non-Toxic
- Density (g/cm3):2.8
- Hardness (Shore):35 OO
- Size (mm):80 x 40 x 3
- Thermal Conductivity (W/mK):12
Gelid Solutions has been manufacturing supreme-quality thermal pads since its foundation in 2008. Primarily, it aimed to provide cooling materials at an affordable cost. 13 years in this journey; Gelid is as determined on this aim as on day one. Gelid has years of experience crafting supreme quality and highly conductive thermal pads that aim to outperform all other pads, bringing temperatures of your systems down by an exceptional value.
Quality And Highly Conductive
Gelid Solutions was founded in 2008 after 7 years of hard work by Gebhard Scherrer and VC Tran. When they understood the unique features of computers, they decided to launch high-class case fans, CPU coolers, and thermal interface materials.
Along with decreasing the system’s temperature by a considerable value, Gelid’s different-sized thermal pads are also compatible with most surfaces, including laptops, hard drives, GPU, game consoles, and many more.
2. Thermalright Thermal Pad
- EXCELLENT THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY - 85x45x3mm, Upgraded thermal silica gel material with 12.8 W/mK thermal conductivity, our thermal pad greatly improve the heat transfer between the electronic elements and effectively cool the temperature down in seconds.
- SUPER RELIABLE & DURABLE - High temperature performance in -40 ℃ - 200 ℃ will not melt, non-toxic, odorless, anti-corrosion, wear resistant, anti-static, fire retardant, compression, good insulation, contact with any electrical traces wouldn’t result in damage of any sort.
- EASY & CONVENIENT TO USE - Dimension 85x45x3mm, the thermal pads can be cut freely according to your needs, perfect to filled contact surfaces gap, a great assistant for both beginners and professionals.
- WIDELY APPLICATION - Perfectly replaces traditional heatsink compound grease paste, great for Control board, motor, electronics, CPU, GPU, Heat Sink, Power LED, auto mechanics, computer host, laptop, DVD, VCD, LID, Set-top box, LED IC SMD DIP and any cooling modules
- NO RISK PURCHASE - We committed to provide superior thermal pads, easy to install, feel free to contact us if there is any issue with our thermal pads.
The main purpose of the choice of Thermal Pad is to reduce the heat source surface and the heat dissipation device contact surface between the contact thermal resistance. The thermal conductivity of a silicone Pad can be good in filling the gap between the contact surface; because the air is hot bad conductor will seriously hinder the heat transfer between the contact surface, And the heat source and the radiator between the installation of thermal silica Pad can be out of the air contact surface.
Heat Source And The Heat Sink
With a thermal silicone Pad supplement, you can make the heat source and the heat sink between the contact surface better full contact; truly face to face contact in the temperature of the reaction can be achieved as small as possible temperature difference.
Electronic products, motherboard, motor, external pad and foot pad, electronic appliances, high power LED lighting, Car machine, power devices, automotive electronic modules (engine scrubber), Power modules, high power supplies, computer host (CPU, GPU, USICS, RDRAMTM, CD-ROM, IGPT module, hard drives) , laptop and any electronic equipment needing to be filled with heat dissipation.
3. m.2 Thermal pad 70x20x1mm for M.2 2280 SSD NVMe Heatsinks
- 【Dimensions】- thermal pad fits for M.2 2280 SSD (22 x 80mm) Heatsinks.
- 【Nano Grease Material】- Made from unique Nano Silicon Grease Material, with good thermal conductivity ability.
- 【Soft and Low Viscosity】- Soft enough and good ductility, compatible with uneven surface of the M.2 SSD. Low viscosity, with no damage to the SSD warranty label.
- 【Safe and easy to use】- Remove the protective films on both sides of the thermal pad and put it under the M.2 SSD Heatsink.
- 【 Wide Compatibility】- Item Size: 70 x 20 x 1mm, Compatible Samsung: 850EVO / 860EVO / 960EVO / 970EVO / 950PRO / 960PRO / 970PRO / SM951 / SM961 / PM951 / PM961 / CM871a / PM871 / PM981 / XP941, no cutting required.
With the ever increasing popularity of solid-state drive (SSD) being used as the primary storage device in PCs, capacity and performance continue to climb in newer models but so have their operating temperatures. This has resulted in SSDs, especially the smaller M.2 variants with fewer surface areas, having overheated and throttled or shut down completely. To help alleviate this new generation of heat problems,
Excellent Thermal Conductivity
A simple and effective cooling solution for M.2 SSDs. It has excellent thermal conductivity, is electrically non-conductive, and is easy to apply. It is designed to fit between M.2 SSD and Heatsinks so it can transfer heat from SSD to the larger Heatsinks surface for more effective heat dissipation.
Thermal Pad And Put It Under
Remove the protective films on both sides of the thermal pad and put it under the M.2 SSD Heatsink.
4. Aairhut Thermal Pad 13W/mK
- Cool in Seconds -- With a thermal conductivity of 13W/mK, our thermal pad greatly improves heat transfer between the electronic elements and effectively cool the temperature down in seconds. It also provides insulation, shock absorption, extra sealing and protection for your electronic elements
- Easy to Use -- 120 x 120mm with slightly sticky on dual sides, cut it freely for your customized demand, tear off the dual-side protective film and paste it. The soft and compressible upgraded thermal material allows 30-40% compression rate which is a perfect substitute for traditional radiator compound grease.
- Reliable & Safe -- High temperature resistance, works perfectly in -40℃-200℃. Non-toxic, odorless, anti-corrosion, anti-static, flame-retardant, compression, good insulation. The breakdown voltage of the silicone thermal pad above 1mm can reach 10KV, contacting with any electronic element will not damage it. ROHS certifiated & environment friendly.
- Wide Application -- Suitable for electronics PCB surface, controller, CPU, GPU, radiator, power supply, VAG card, hard disk, computer host, notebook computer, memory stick, 3080/3090 graphics card, game console, car electrical appliances, microwave oven, TV, set-top box DC -DC, PDP LED IC SMD DIP and other cooling modules
- 100% Satisfaction -- Feel free to contact us if you have any question or mass order demand, we care customers and make sure 100% satisfaction customer service reply within 24 hours.
With a thermal conductivity of 13W/mK, our thermal pad greatly improves heat transfer between the electronic elements and effectively cools the temperature down in seconds. It also provides insulation, shock absorption, extra sealing, and protection for your electronic elements.
120 x 120mm with slightly sticky on dual sides, cut it freely for your customized demand, tear off the dual-side protective film and paste it. The soft and compressible upgraded thermal material allows a 30-40% compression rate which is a perfect substitute for traditional radiator compound grease.
Environment Is Friendly
High-temperature resistance works perfectly in -40℃-200℃. Non-toxic, odorless, anti-corrosion, anti-static, flame-retardant, compression, good insulation. The breakdown voltage of the silicon thermal pad above 1mm can reach 10KV, contacting with any electronic element will not damage it. ROHS certificated & environment is friendly.
5. Gelid Solutions GP-Ultimate 15W
- ULTIMATE THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY: With a thermal conductivity of 15W / mK, the GP-ULTIMATE offers first-class performance.
- SIMPLE APPLICATION: The GP-ULTIMATE is easy to use thanks to its thermal dimensions of 90x50mm.
- NON-ELECTRICAL CONDUCTIVITY: The GP-ULTIMATE is non-electrically conductive, non-corrosive, non-hardening and non-toxic
- PERFECT SIZES: The GP-ULTIMATE sizes are perfect for PCB surfaces, VGA cards, laptops, game consoles, microcontrollers, memory ICs and other SMD components.
- AVAILABILITY OF THE THIN: The GP-ULTIMATE is available in different thicknesses of 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0mm
Gelid Solutions has been manufacturing supreme-quality thermal pads since its foundation in 2008. Primarily, it aimed to provide cooling materials at an affordable cost. 13 years into this journey, Gelid is as determined on this aim as on day one. Gelid has years of experience crafting supreme quality and highly conductive thermal pads that aim to outperform all other pads, bringing temperatures of your systems down by an exceptional value.
Thickness Thermal Pads
Gelid has manufactured its different-sized and thickness thermal pads after years of experience, making them the best and most compatible pads on the market.
Temperature By A Considerable Value
Along with decreasing the system’s temperature by a considerable value, Gelid’s different-sized thermal pads are also compatible with most surfaces, including laptops, hard drives, GPU, game consoles, and many more. Gelid Solutions was founded in 2008 after 7 years of hard work by Gebhard Scherrer and VC Tran. When they understood the unique features of computers, they decided to launch a high-class case.
6. Innovation Cooling Graphite Thermal Pad
- TOP TIER THERMAL PERFORMANCE – The IC graphite pad features a thermal conductivity of 35W/m-k.
- EXTRAORDINARY DURABILITY – This thermal pad features a dry solution that contains no liquids. It will not pump or bake out like regular thermal compounds.
- UNMATCHED TEMPERATURE RANGE – Keeps your CPU safe with a temperature operating range of -200C to 400C. RoHS compliant.
- TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT – The modular solution means never again having to wonder if you’ve applied too much or too little thermal paste.
- REUSABLE – You’ll never have to worry about buying thermal paste ever again. The graphite thermal pad can be reused on multiple builds with no loss in performance.
IC Graphite Thermal Pad is a permanent thermal interface alternative to thermal paste for CPUs, GPU’s and Game stations. This product features top-tier thermal performance that is uniquely stable across a wide temperature range -200C to +400C and, when used long-term, should last the life of most electronic components.
IC Graphite is 100% pure graphite and non-toxic. This pad is a solid-state modular solution, with no messy applications to clean, no guessing if you have used the proper amount, just place pad and mount sink.
The key to great performance is that all thermal interface materials, whether a thermal compound or thermal pad, require good contact and pressure to realize full performance. Thermal performance in this regard can be affected by several degrees, so as with thermal paste, be mindful of good contact and pressure for optimum performance.
Ic Graphite Is Electrically Conductive
Any contact with electrical components when the computer is turned on can permanently damage the components. Please ensure that the system is turned off during the application process and that no stray pieces contact any components before powering on the system.
7. Thermopad Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8
- Compatible not only with computers or laptops, but also with PS3, PS4 or PS5 as well as Xbox 360, One and Series X consoles; Great for dissipating heat from Macbooks
- Created for office or home computers and gaming computers, as well as for those users who require maximum turnover from the equipment
- The thermal conductive pad is ideally suited between the heat sink and the heating element; Thanks to its unique composition, which consists of ceramic silicone and nano-aluminum oxide, it dissipates significant amounts of heat
- Thermal padding is characterized by a flexible structure and very high heat conductivity; It compensates for even the smallest gaps between components
- Used in places where it is not possible to use thermal paste, e.g. large air gap or uneven substrate
A thermal grizzly minus pad is a thermal pad made of modified silicone. The silicone is filled with metal oxides, ensuring remarkable thermal conductivity. Best suited for electrical components such as pcs, notebooks, led or LCD devices, semiconductors, or transformers.
Metal Housing Component
It is also used for RAM, CPUs, or GPUs. It can generally be used for any metal housing component as a heat sink. The Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 is available in the following sizes: 100 mm x 100 mm, 120 mm x 20 mm, and 30 mm x 30 mm, and a thickness between 0.5 and 2 mm.
The Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 is best suited for electrical components such as PCs, notebooks, LED or LCD devices, semiconductors or transformers. For OC in particular, it is also used for CPUs, memory modules, GPUs, graphics card memories, or motherboard chipsets. It can generally be used for any component that uses a metal case as a heat sink.
8. SIXQJZML 30Pcs 15x15x1mm Soft Silicone Thermal Conductive Pads
- 15x15x1mm Soft Thermal Conductive Pads
- Material: Conduction Silicone,Color: blue
- Thermal Conductivity: 1.2(W/M-K),Tensile Strength: 12Kgf/cm2
- Breakdown Voltage: 4.5KV,Soft,good malleability,with a little viscosity.
- Package Includes:30PCS x thermal pad
This is SIXQJZML 30Pcs 15x15x1mm Soft Silicone Thermal Conductive Pads, a thermally conductive silicone pad that can be used in many different ways. The silicone pads are made of high-quality material, durable and anti-chemical. Each pad has a thermal conductivity of 3.3W/m·k. The overall size is 15x15mm(diameter) x 1mm(thick).
Silicon Thermal Conductive Pads
SIXQJZML 30Pcs 15x15x1mm Soft Silicon Thermal Conductive Pads can be used in various fields, including as a replacement set of pads that require thermal conductivity. The pads are very soft, easy to shape, and have good viscosity.
Cpu And Gpu Or Any Component
Perfect for adding thermal pads to your CPU and GPU or any component that needs better cooling, this thermal conductive pad can be used for many different parts around your computer. As a bonus, these pads have a non-sticky back that leaves no residue when you remove it from the component.
How To Choose The Best Thermal Pad Before Buying
A measure of how well the thermal contact between the motherboard and heatsink conducts heat. 5-6 W / mK is standard for most models. PCs and laptops with well-thought-out cooling systems will benefit from this. Thermal spacers with a 10 W / mK value are recommended for confined cases and high chip temperatures.
To begin, measure the distance between the radiator and the heating element using documentation or personal experience. The typical range is between 0.5 and 3.5 millimeters. Separate solutions exist, but their application must be made with extreme caution. Consider purchasing gaskets that can be combined without sacrificing quality if you can’t find the thickness you need.
Ceramic models with different additives are better at transferring heat flux. They’re more heat- and cold-resistant, and their strength is at its peak. Thermal pads made of silicone are universally applicable to all electronic devices, including computers, laptops, and radios. When components are dropped, the material minimizes the risk of damage and is best suited for little surface contact. Measurement of the space between copper solutions and the sealant requires careful consideration. They fall in the middle of the pack regarding heat conductivity.
There is a wide range of pricing and quality levels available for thermal pads, so they’re not prohibitively expensive, but they are not cheap. It’s critical to strike a balance between price and value when purchasing a product. However, you don’t want to end up with a pad that doesn’t work because you didn’t spend enough money.
Thermo pads vary widely in quality. Larger and smaller ones exist. It’s critical that you pick a pad that fits your vehicle properly. Using an incorrectly sized pad is like using an improperly sized shoe.
Thermo pads vary widely in quality. Several brands are superior to others. Choosing a pad created by a recognized company is critical. You may rest assured that you’ll receive a high-quality product that does its job.
Frequently Asked Question
Do Thermal Pads Really Work?
While a pad is not as compressible as a paste, the range of available materials means thermal pads are extremely effective with any substrate. Additionally, thermal pads maintain their initial performance over the long term since they are not subject to the same types of degradation as thermal grease.
Is Thicker Thermal Pads Better?
Ideally, you must not use thick thermal pads. A thicker thermal pad will have lower thermal conductivity and will be more difficult to apply. If the thermal pad is too thick, it may not make good contact with the surface of the heat sink. This can result in poor heat transfer and potentially damage the component.
Which Is Better Thermal Paste Or Pad?
Ultimately, our advice is to go with a thermal pad if you’re unsure how much thermal paste you should apply or consider the process too delicate. However, a thermal paste is a better choice if you’re willing to perform the process.
Is Arctic Thermal Pad Good?
In a test conducted by PC Games Hardware (11/2018), the pads’ “excellent processability and reusability in every respect” were praised. Because of its fair pricing and good performance, our thermal pad was recommended as a “price-performance recommendation.”
How Long Do Thermal Pads Last?
Depending on the material, a thermal paste can expire in 3-5 years or even less if it is not stored in optimal conditions. Although, this lifespan depends largely on the kind of thermal paste you are using.
The best thermal pad for your computer is the one that gives you the best performance for the price. There may be better, more expensive ones out there, but in general, don’t spend too much extra money on a thermal pad.
Carly D. Thomas is a web developer at a reputed company for the last 5 years. After studying at San Mateo College of Silicon Valley on web development, he started his career at age of 24. now he is spreading his knowledge among beginners around the world through Everypost.me