The best KVM switches for dual-monitor setups can allow you to use your high-end gaming monitor or workstation (which has multiple connectors) with another computer. Say you have a desktop computer and a laptop that you want to use with a single monitor, but there is no built-in KVM switch. No biggie. You’re ready to go by just purchasing one of the KVM switches below that allows display switching between two computers using just one keyboard, mouse, and display (KVM).
Here are the best Kvm switch dual monitor available on the market.
Editor’s Pick-Kvm Switch Dual Monitor
Best Kvm Switch Dual Monitor Reviews In 2022
1. CKL HDMI KVM Switch 2 Port Dual Monitor Extended Display
- 【Dual Monitor KVM Switch HDMI 2 Port】: Consoles control up to 2 computers or laptops with 1 independent set of USB keyboard, mouse and monitor or 2 monitors extended or duplicated display with dual head input. The best KVM Switch to make your work space tidy and efficient, also a premium choice for working from home.
- 【USB HDMI KVM WITH WIDE COMPATIBILITY】: Cross support multiple operation systems & devices: Fully compatible with Windows 10/7/2000/XP/ and Mac; also support HDMI devices like webcam, hard disk player, game console, DVR, NVR etc.
- 【HDMI SWITCH BOX WITH CONVENIENT SWITCH MODES】: 1. Hot key switching on keyboards that support all operation system; 2. Switch via Mouse Click (Industry Leading Technology); 3. Toggle selection on front panel; 4. Auto scan switch with adjustable interval (8-999 second). 5. Wired remote switch (one-touch switch)
- 【DRIVER FREE KVM HDMI SWITCH WITH USB 2.0 HUB】：Plug and play with no driver needed: include all cables and DC 5V power adapter, with extra USB 2.0 port for sharing USB printers, scanners and jump drives, wireless and gaming keyboard mouse. Note, please use USB 2.0 port on computers to connect USB of A cables, USB 3.0 port may not work.
- 【4K HDMI KVM SUPPORT AUDIO MIC. AND AUTO EDID】Enjoy high definition picture up to 4K@30Hz built-in Auto EDID, supports separate audio and microphone output. Heavy weight high-end anti interference metal design to ensure sturdiness. Buy now and see the difference!
Improve work efficiency, and tidy up your workspace. The CKL HDMI KVM Switch is a premium choice for working from home and the best KVM Switch to make your workspace tidy and efficient. It controls up to 2 computers or laptops with 1 independent set of USB keyboard, mouse, and monitor or 2 monitors with extended or duplicated display with dual head input.
Dual Monitor Displays
Each computer/laptop needs 2 video connections to correspond to IN A, and IN B ports on the KVM switch using Cable A and Cable B. Reliable adapters are needed but not included for DVI, VGA, DisplayPort (DP), and USB Type C video outputs. Please be aware of the adapters needed for your setup before ordering. Avoid using adapters on both the monitor and computer side for the same video flow. The dual monitor displays are from the same input source selected; it does not support computer 1 on monitor A and computer 2 on monitor B.
Plugged Into The Computer
Ensure cable A is correctly connected; the end with USB and HDMI must be plugged into the computer, and the other end with only HDMI must be plugged into IN A port (not IN B port). Recommend to plug Bluetooth adapter of wireless keyboard and mouse into the rear USB keyboard port. If the special keyboard and mouse-like gaming and mechanical types do not work well from the rear USB ports, use the front USB port or turn off the hotkey and use the wired remoter instead.
2. UGREEN USB KVM Switch Box 2 Port VGA Video Sharing Adapter
- Ugreen 2 Port USB KVM switch box allows you to control 2 computers with only one set of controls (mouse and keyboard). It is great for workstations, test stands or anywhere multitask between computers is required. USB VGA KVM switch provides a cost-effective way to share one USB keyboard, USB mouse, and VGA monitor to control 2 computers.
- Portable and Easy to Use: 2 USB Type A connectors, 2 USB Type B connectors, and 3 VGA connectors. The 2 In 1 Out KVM Switch between two computers is controlled by the push button on the top of the unit. 2 USB Type B connectors support not only for data transfer but also for the power supply. No external power required.
- Higher Definition Output: Ugreen USB KVM switch supports high-definition image and supports maximum resolution up to 1920 x 1440. The adapter supports only for video output. But you can enjoy the audio through speakers from PC.
- Wide Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7 / XP / Vista (32/64-bit), Mac, Linux, Sun Solaris, DOS, Win3, WINNT, Netware, and Unix. The VGA Switcher Box also supports online games and DVR. Plug and Play: no power supply, or software needed.
- Important Note: Please make sure the VGA Input Connector 1 and USB B Connector 1 were plugged in the same Host. VGA IN1 and USB IN1 is corresponding. Do NOT support VGA IN1 and USB IN2 mixed insertion.
UGREEN USB VGA KVM Switch allows you to share one USB keyboard, mouse, and VGA monitor to control 2 computers. It is designed for multitasking with two computers at your convenience, increasing productivity in the office or at home. You can switch between 2 computers using a manual switch located on the top of the KVM unit.
Multitasking Between Computers
Ugreen 2 Port USB KVM switch box allows you to control 2 computers with only one set of controls (mouse and keyboard). It is great for workstations, test stands, or anywhere multitasking between computers is required. USB VGA KVM switch provides a cost-effective way to share one USB keyboard, USB mouse, and VGA monitor to control 2 computers.
Ugreen USB KVM switch supports high-definition images and supports maximum resolution up to 1920 x 1440. The adapter supports only video output. But you can enjoy the audio through speakers from a PC.
3. TESmart HDMI KVM Switch 2 Port Dual Monitor
- 【Dual-Monitor-KVM-Switch-2 Port 】TESmart KVM switch, using only 1 set of keyboard, mouse and 2 monitors to control 2 computers, support display one computer’s main and extended desktop
- 【Dual HDMI KVM Switch with USB2.0 Port】- Supports Connecting your USB 2.0 port device such as Scanner/USB driver/3D Printer/Monitor Camera
- 【Support Many Ways to Control】Support keyboard hotkey, front panel buttons and IR signals to control this Dual Monitor KVM (AAA battery not included)
- 【4K 60Hz Resolution & Smart EDID】The HDMI+HDMI KVM Switch supports max resolution up to 3840*2160@60Hz,it comes with EDID emulators in each input port, keep PCs always having correct display information
- 【★A Higher Level of Keyboard and Mouse Compatibility】 Support keyboard and mouse pass-through mode (Semi-DDM USB).You can use more keyboard and mouse functions that are not supported by ordinary KVM. Supports wired, wireless, mechanical, multimedia, and gaming K&M.No delay, zero latency keyboard and mouse switching.
Support keyboard and mouse pass-through mode (Semi-DDM USB). You can use more keyboard and mouse functions not supported by ordinary KVM. Supports wired, wireless, mechanical, multimedia, and gaming K&M.No delay, zero latency keyboard, and mouse switching.
True Ultra HD 4k Visual Enjoyment
This 4K HDMI KVM switch dual monitor max supports 3840×2160 RGB 4:4:4 downward compatible. This HDMI KVM dual monitor Switch can enjoy the most luxurious video.
2 PCs Share 3 USB Devices
This Dual Monitor KVM has dedicated mouse and keyboard ports. An extra standard USB 2.0 port works with printers, jump drives, USB headsets, or webcams for teleconferencing. Meet more demands at work.
KVM Switch comes with a 3.5mm Audio Jack port with a DAC chip, which can be inserted into a 3-segment 3.5mm earpiece.
4. 2 Port Dual Monitor KVM Switch HDMI 4K
- 【 KVM SWITCH DUAL MONITOR】This kit help you use 1 set of keyboard and mouse to control 2 computers share 2 monitor, you can switch anytime. It requires each computer support 2 screen display functions. Highly recommend using a source with dual HDMI ports for use with this product, otherwise, that need VGA/DVI/ DP to HDMI convertor or docking station. Please choose the high quality devices, if the convertor/docking station is not good quality, it may lead to not display or reduce the resolution.
- 【HDMI KVM UHD 4K@30Hz】 Support 4K x 2K@30Hz/3D/1080P resolution, make the image display more exquisite and realistic. You can enjoy the most luxurious video with this HDMI KVM dual monitor Switch.
- 【HOTKEY SWITCH】You can choose hotkey switch (Press scroll lock+ scroll lock+1/2), you also can switch the two signal sources by the panel buttons, the status light tells you which port is active. Special Note: Hotkey switching is not supported when the keyboard and mouse use the USB 2.0 port.
- 【POWERED BY USB】It means powered by USB cables, no need external power adapter, just connect you switcher devices to enjoy, it make you work and life easier and simpler. Come with 1 Micro USB power cord for power supply.
- 【PLEASE NOTE】Please note that in the premise that the supports dual display or multi-screen display, the extended mode can output two different screens, and the copy mode can output two identical screens; If your computer only supports single display, then this product cannot help you get dual display function. Please make sure that all cables are connected tightly, and make sure that all cables are good. If you have any questions about the product, please contact us.
The HDMI 18Gbps KVM switch and extender support dual monitor or multi-screen mode. It can also extend cable distance up to 30 meters and is convenient for daily use. If the computer supports a single display, then this product does not support a dual display function. Please make sure that all cables are connected tightly and all cables are good. If you have any questions about the product, please contact us.
With 2 USB 2.0 hubs, the transfer rate is up to 480 Mbps. Sharing devices as scanners, printers, flash drives etc. Special Note: The USB 2.0 port does not support hotkey switching.
Exquisite Thermal design
An exquisite metal case that resists both compression and breakage. The thermal design on both sides can dissipate heat quickly, provide better protection for the device, and makes it more durable.
5. GREATHTEK Dual Monitor HDMI KVM Switch 2 Port
- 【1 Set Of Keyboard & Mouse Control 2 PC Share 2 Monitors 】This Dual Monitor HDMI KVM can control 2 PC share 2 monitors by 1 set of USB keyboard & mouse, Please note that in the premise that the supports multi-screen display, the extended mode can output two different screens, and the copy mode can output two identical screens; If the computer only supports single-screen display, even if there are many output port, this Dual Monitor KVM only one output port works when the wiring is correct.
- 【Ultra HD 4k Visual Enjoyment】Max support 4K@30Hz (3840x2160) YUV 4:4:4, downward compatible with lower resolutions. Support wired /wireless/mechanical keyboard and mouse, plug and play, USB powered, no adapter required.
- 【Support 2 Mode Switching】1. Buttons switching；2.Hotkey Switch：Use hotkey switch need to insert the keyboard and mouse into the dual monitor KVM K / M USB ports（Hotkeys: Scroll Lock + Scroll Lock+ 1/2.)
- 【Supports USB 2.0 Devices 】Compliance with HDMI 1.4 and HDCP 1.2 standard .This Dual Monitor KVM has 2 USB 2.0 ports for sharing scanners/ USB driver/3D Printer, etc. It identify and match various display devices automatically. Compatible with a variety of computer systems,such as Windows 10/7/2000 / XP / Vista，Linux，Unix，Mac，Ubuntu，Fedora,etc.
- 【Important notes】Only when your computer supports dual display or multi display, you can use this product to achieve two computers to share two monitors, extended mode or copy mode. If your computer only supports single display, then this product cannot help you get dual display function. Our products include 4 HDMI cables, 2 USB-B cables, and 1 mini USB charging cable. When using the product, please make sure that all cables are connected tightly, and make sure that all cables are good.
Only when your computer supports dual display or multi-display you can use this product to achieve two computers to share two monitors, extended mode or copy mode. If your computer only supports single display, then this product cannot help you get a dual display function. Our products include 4 HDMI cables, 2 USB-B cables, and 1 mini USB charging cable. When using the product, please ensure that all cables are connected tightly, and ensure that all cables are good.
Support 2 Mode Switching
1 Button switching: Convenient and efficient; 2. Hotkey Switching: Simple and fast (Hotkey: Scroll Lock+ Scroll Lock+ 1/2). Please note: Use the hotkey switch to insert the keyboard and mouse into the KVM switch K / M USB ports.
The thermal design on both sides can dissipate heat quickly, better system protection.
Almost the same size as your phone, small in size, light in weight and does not take up much space.
6. CKL 2 Port USB 3.0 KVM Switch Dual Monitor
- KVM SWITCH DUAL MONITOR 2 IN 2 OUT : Control 2 computers or laptops with one set of wired or wireless keyboard, mouse and 2 extended or mirrored monitors at the same time;
- USB 3.0 KVM SWITCH 2 COMPUTERS 2 MONITORS: The integrated 2 USB 3.0 HUB ports allows you to share 2 more USB peripherals like printer, scanner, webcam and hard disk between 2 computers with data transfer rate up to 5Gbp/s (10 times faster than USB 2.0); The USB 3.0 cable Also draws power from USB 3.0 port on computers to drive the KVM switch;
- HDMI 2.0 KVM SWITCH 2 PORT 4K 60HZ: Supports maximum resolution up to 3840x2160 4K@60Hz, 3440x1440@60hz/120Hz, 3840x1080@60hz/120Hz and compatible downwards depending on support of graphic card, monitor and adapters if used any; Supports auto detection and memory function in case of power down;
- MULTI PLATFORMS COMPATIBLITY : Cross supports most major operation systems like Windows, Linux, Mac and more; also support switch between devices without keyboard and mouse like DVR and NVR;
- EASY SWAPPING BETWEEN 2 DEVICES: You can freely switch between personal and work using push button, keyboard hotkeys, mouse clicks or wired remoter, as well as auto scan for monitoring or testing purpose;
his Dual Monitor KVM Switch requires 2 HDMI input for each computer and 2 HDMI output for monitors. However, most computers, especially laptops, do not have a dual HDMI output. Thus, reliable adapters for non-HDMI outputs like VGA, DVI, USB C, and DisplayPort will be needed.
Audio Will Not Work Properly
This KVM Switch supports HDMI digital output only. Make sure you select HDMI Audio Output or Monitor A audio (monitor on HDMI Out A) as default in your sound settings. Do not select your audio device as the default sound device; otherwise, the audio will not work properly. Some older monitors which do not support HDMI audio will not work with the audio function. The workaround is to add a USB to the Audio adapter (Ref. ASIN B00IRVQ0F8) to one of the USB 3.0 HUB ports on the front panel.
Keyboard And Mouse
Some keyboards with special features like gaming, programing, multi-media, mechanical, and back lights may not be well supported on the USB keyboard and mouse port which are dedicated for hotkeys; if so you can plug the keyboard and mouse into the USB 3.0 ports or turn off the hotkey then the USB keyboard and mouse port will turn into standard USB 2.0 port, without hotkeys, you can use the included wired remoter to switch between computers.
What To Consider The Best Kvm Switch Dual Monitor When Purchasing
You will need a high-quality video output and a high resolution if you plan to connect several displays to your KVM switch. The experience will improve overall if the video frequency (Hz) and resolution are increased. Check out the products we chose, and if you think the best resolution results in the best device, you won’t have any trouble selecting a choice. We also have coverage if your main concerns are the system’s adaptability and compatibility rather than its video quality.
No device can be used if your system or systems are incompatible with your KVM switch, making this a major concern. Along with Windows, the KVM switches on our list work with iOS, Mac, Android, and Linux devices.
It is in your best financial interest to feel at ease while using a switch to switch between devices. This instruction makes it apparent that there are a maximum of five switching possibilities, ranging from one or two. Considering all the available switch possibilities, purchasing a device with this many is a no-brainer. In addition to the sheer number of alternatives, it’s important to consider the particular solutions offered because some of them could not be appropriate for your needs.
Numbers of Ports
The number of input and output ports that are readily available must also be taken into account. Of course, the relevance of this issue depends on the individual, so before selecting a device, it is advised that you have a strategy for how you want to use your setup or which components are more significant to you. You’ll obviously need many HDMI connections for many displays, but you may also decide how many USB ports you’ll need and whether or not you’ll also need audio input or output ports.
It’s sometimes possible to overlook a device’s aesthetics in favor of its features and number of ports, but it’s still a good idea to keep this in mind. Several devices can be easily installed anywhere in your home if you don’t mind their slightly larger size. However, the importance of this factor varies from person to person. Thus, we included several stylish gadgets with plenty of features.
Frequently Asked Question
Will A Kvm Switch Work With Dual Monitors?
Can I use a KVM switch with dual monitors? With the utmost ease, you can use a KWM switch on PCs with dual monitors and even multi-monitor support. You can add dual-monitor software to make the most of multiple VDUs.
What Is A Kvm Switch Dual Monitor?
Consoles control up to 2 computers or laptops with 1 independent set of USB keyboard, mouse, and monitor or 2 monitors extended or duplicated display with dual head input. The best KVM Switch to make your workspace tidy and efficient is a premium choice for working from home.
What Is The Difference Between A Docking Station And A Kvm Switch?
A dock is more meant to add functionality to a laptop. And unless you have USB C with DP Alt mode, you would be required to install software for the dock, which would be a problem. KVM is meant to switch your peripherals between the two systems with a button.
Does Kvm Switch Cause Input Lag?
When you have too many components plugged into your PC, the processor might have difficulty handling all the data, which may slow down the PC’s response time and cause input lag. Using second-rate cables with low-standard KVM switches can also result in a noticeable difference in input lag.
How Can I Use Two Computers With One Keyboard And Mouse And Monitor?
First, a cable called a KVM switch is short for a “keyboard, video, and mouse” switch. These let you share one mouse, keyboard, and monitor between two computers. KM switch cables allow you to share just a keyboard and mouse with two computers with two separate monitors.
Now that you have all the information you need, go ahead and make a great purchase. Just make sure it’s really worth your hard-earned money.
Carly D. Thomas is a web developer at a reputed company for the last 5 years. After studying at San Mateo College of Silicon Valley on web development, he started his career at age of 24. now he is spreading his knowledge among beginners around the world through Everypost.me