Nowadays, not being present on some of the world’s favorite social media platforms is the same as not existing at all.
But, maintaining a successful online presence does not come down to just “being there.”
To succeed, you have to go the extra mile: listen to your audience, analyze your data, find out your industry’s best practices, and optimize your efforts according to the gathered insights.
Don’t worry, it’s not as complex as it sounds.
When you have the right tools, that is to say. The problem is – those are not that easy to find. Especially right now, when new tools pop up every day, each one of them claiming to do wonders, which, just like you’d expect, is not always true. Thankfully, there are some that don’t disappoint.
Here’s a list of the best social media analytics software that will live up to your expectations. Or even exceed them.
EVERYPOST: Best Social Media Management Tool
There are a number of social media management tools that allow you to create, customize and post content on various social media platforms. We’ve tried a handful of them, like Buffer or HootSuite, but Everypost is by far our favorite, for a couple of reasons. Starting with the price. Unlike many other tools out there, besides the paid plans that include more advanced functionalities, Everypost offers a free, “personal” plan as well.
The tool provides several services:
- Content curation. Explore and post visuals from Flickr, YouTube, Instagram or Pinterest on your social media, without ever leaving the tool’s dashboard.
- Scheduling and publishing. Schedule posts for different social media sites, thus making more efficient use of your time.
- Post customization. The audience that follows you on each platform has different preferences and expectations of your posts. Using Everypost, you can customize and tailor your content before cross-posting on different social media sites.
- Collaboration. Although Everypost is primarily a social media management tool, it also provides a team management option, streamlining the management of roles and permissions among team members in the organization.
- Social analytics. Analyze the available social media data, and gather information related to your followers, competitors, the best time for posting, top posts and so on. Find out what type of content resonates more with your followers, and optimize your future posts according to the findings.
Sharing via Dropbox and email is also possible.
All of these features, along with its intuitive, easy to use interface, make Everypost the perfect choice for those users that are just starting out with social media automation.
Supported sites: Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Flickr, YouTube
Trial version: 14 days
Best for: Users looking for an all-in-one publishing tool that simplifies publishing and scheduling, saves time and helps to make smarter, more informed decisions.
KEYHOLE: Best Hashtag Analytics Tool
We all know the #ImportanceOfHashtsags.
… Or do we?
What most businesses are aware of is the fact that hashtags increase their visibility by allowing their posts to reach users that are already following a particular keyword. And yet, plenty of businesses do not make any use of this knowledge. If you did not put deliberate effort into making hashtags work for you until now, it’s time to step up your hashtag game! You can easily do this by using Keyhole, the leading hashtag analytics tool, which allows you to analyze and optimize the hashtags you use.
The tool enables you to:
- Research the market. Find out what your customers want and which are the trending topics in your industry, so you can create content that fits their interests.
- Measure influencer impact. Discover the right influencers for your brand, and monitor their performance and post engagement.
- Monitor your competitors and your brand mentions. Benchmark your efforts against the key players in your industry, and be the first one to know when someone mentions your brand or your competitors and in what context.
- Stay informed about your events. Get real-time insight into your events’ performance and showcase the event’s most memorable moments and mentions.
- Measure campaigns. Analyze the impact of your campaigns, and organize the data into simple reports which are easy to understand and make sense of.
Giving you a rich list of options, Keyhole provides you with all the insights you need to research the market, find the pain points of your customers, and track the impact of your campaigns.
Supported sites: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube
Trial version: Up to 30 days
Best for: Businesses wanting to monitor and optimize their campaigns and reinforce their brand’s online presence.
BUZZSUMO: Best Content Analytics Tool
BuzzSumo is not your typical social media analytics tool: instead of analyzing your reach and performance on social media, it focuses on the engagement your content gets on social media. So, if you want to find out the number of shares of your latest blog post – Buzzsumo is what you need.
It provides you with:
- Content insights and alerts. Find the most shared content by topic and type and understand the trends in the industry. Receive alerts whenever someone mentions some keyword, or a particular author publishes new content.
- Influencer research capabilities. Discover top influencers that your brand can resonate with, and find out how you can appeal to them.
- Competitor analysis. See what works for your competitors and use it to your advantage.
Supported sites: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus and Pinterest.
Trial version: 7 days
Best for: Users that need a great social listening tool, that allows them to assess the preferences and habits of their target audience: the best times to publish, the most read topics, the preferred length and so on.
CYFE: Best Business Dashboard
The last tool on our list is Cyfe. Most businesses are present on multiple platforms and use various tools to analyze and optimize their performance, so organizing the data and making sense of it can be overwhelming.
Thankfully, there are business dashboards like Cyfe, which allow you to sync the gathered data from all the other marketing tools you use so that you can access all of it from a single place.
On Cyfe, you can:
- Monitor everything. Cyfe is not limited to social media insights – it integrates the data related to different online marketing channels: PPC, SEO, email, and even includes sales and web analytics.
- Share your dashboards. You can create real-time reports to show to any interested party.
- Archive and export your data. You will never lose your historical data and you can download or schedule regular reports in different formats.
- Create benchmarks. Cyfe allows you to benchmark your current performance against your objectives.
- Make sure to never lose sight of your metrics. Even when you’re away from your dashboard, you can monitor your performance via SMS or email.
Supported sites: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest.
Best for: Businesses that use multiple platforms and tools to market, looking to simplify their social media monitoring and evaluation processes.
Just roaming around the most popular social media sites, sharing your brand’s message, hoping that it will somehow find its way to your target audience is not enough to be heard. If you want to succeed, it is imperative that you start using social media analytics tools that offer you a comprehensive overview of your performance, thus allowing you to see what you do right, and pinpoint the things you could improve upon. In the text above, we mentioned a few tools that caught our attention but feel free to experiment and extend the list until you find what really works for you, your business and your particular needs.
Author Bio: Danielle Canstello is party of the content marketing team at Pyramid Analytics. They provide enterprise level analytics and business intelligence software. In her spare time, she writes around the web to spread her knowledge of the marketing, business intelligence and analytics industries.